There are some essential components of learning to program.
Programming is one of the most essential skills in the IT world, without it technology would look very different.
Programming is basically the process of writing computer programs. This is achieved by taking an algorithm and encoding it into a programming language so that it can then be executed by a computer.
The processing of programming involves designing, writing, testing, debugging, and maintaining the source code of computer programs. Code can be written in numerous different languages such as Java, C, Python, Swift, and many more.
Code works as a way of communicating with a computer without using ones and zeros.
There are several quality requirements that must be fulfilled with program development.
These requirements include reliability, which refers to how often the results of a program are correct.
Robustness is another requirement and this is how well a program anticipates problems due to errors. Usability refers to the ease with which a person can use the program for its intended purpose or unanticipated purposes.
Portability is another requirement which is necessary due to the range of computer hardware and operating system platforms on which the source code of a program can work on.
Maintainability ensures the ease with which a program can be modified by developers in order to improve it, customise it, or to fix bugs and security holes.
The final requirement is efficiency and performance, this refers to being able to measure how much system resources a program consumes.
A big push has been made to increase the number of programmers, with even children being targeted at an early age.
To get into programming it would be useful to take an introductory course and there are numerous online sites such as Codeacademy which can assist in the development of a programmer.
Due to a large demand for programmers, many course and online sites offer training for free.
Senior Programming Specialist (Robotics)
Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. Your day-to-day management will touch the lives of millions by helping to provide robotic products, automated solutions, and related services that increase industrial productivity and energy efficiency. This strong solutions focus helps automated manufacturers improve productivity, product quality, and worker safety.
– ABB Robot programming in the office (RobotStudio) and on installations;
– Making electrical design and connections of
the system (responsibility for electrical, software installation);
– Preparing the installation and commissioning of robotics applications;
– Running the installations’ tests in ABB workshop and at the Customer;
– Technical Supervision of the installation;
– Technical Sales Support (occasional trips to the Customer);
– Supervision of electrical sub-contractors;
– Business travels: Poland and other European Countries.
– An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies;
– Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas;
– Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market;
– Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills;
– Good working environment.Additional Information:
To apply for the position, please send your application via our page using Apply now button.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.
We kindly ask you to include in the Curriculum Vitae the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29 August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
- Contract type:
- Business Unit:
- Business Unit Robotics
- Date posted:
- Job function:
- Erection and Commissioning
- Publication ID:
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people.