Java Software Engineer – Digital Media Applications
Job Number: FFE0003125
Organization: 20th Century Fox
Job Type: Information Technology
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Job Posting Date: November 17, 2015
Software Engineer – Media Post Production Pipeline/ Media Asset Management
Location: 20th Century Fox Lot: 10201 West Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90064
Job Summary: Digital Media Applications team is a core group of developers with a startup mentality within 20th Century Fox, a Fortune 100 company. The primary responsibility of this role is to develop, maintain, support, and troubleshoot applications and web services used by the internal post production team on the 20th Century Fox movie studio lot. As a key member of this agile team you will work closely with other Developers, Engineers, and Production staff (end users) to plan, design, prototype, develop, test, deploy and support existing and new more efficient and automated workflows geared toward a lean, fast-paced production unit. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated software developer with quality organizational and communication skills who finds fulfillment in seeing firsthand their applications and workflows implemented and utilized by the end user.
- Minimum 5 years programming experience.
- Minimum 5 years Java programming and web technology experience.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with rapid prototyping.
- Optional Experience:
- Production experience in developing tools toward automating Media Post Production workflows a plus.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) a plus.
- Experience working with portal frameworks, digital asset management systems, and web content management systems a plus.
- Familiarity with Video Processing, Audio and Video codecs, and Transcoding Systems a plus.
- Required Knowledge:
- Mastery level knowledge of J2EE, J2SE.
- Mastery level knowledge of Spring.
- Mastery level knowledge of Hibernate.
- Mastery understanding of multithreading, data structures and design patterns.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Application Servers (examples WebLogic and Tomcat).
- Comprehensive understanding of web service integration (example: REST and SOAP XML).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Programming.
- Comprehensive knowledge of XML schemas and XML methodologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of deployment strategies of distributed and multi-tiered applications.
- Good understanding of SQL.
- Optional Knowledge
- Good understanding of ULM a plus.
- Good understanding of scripting languages (examples: Python, Perl, Bash) a plus.
- Good knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) a plus.
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java (SE 5, SE 6,or SE 7) Programmer or Sun Certified Java Programmer (any edition) preferred.
- Self-motivated with clear communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Has the ability to manage a diversified workload with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, clients and other IT personnel.
- Ability to write and present effective materials, including wireframes, technical diagrams, and flowcharts.
Fox Filmed Entertainment News Corporation’s motion picture and television programming operations bring the best in comedy and drama to audiences around the globe. Fox Filmed Entertainment is a global leader in movie production and distribution. Twentieth Century Fox Film is responsible for some of the top grossing movies of all time, including history’s most successful movies, Avatar and Titanic.
In television production, Twentieth Century Fox Television, together with the Company’s other TV studios, produce and distribute some of the world’s most popular television programming. The Company’s TV studios are leaders in animated series and supply many of the most popular series to each of the major U.S. networks. Visit us at http://www.foxmovies.com/.
The position is located in Los Angeles, CA 90064.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.